Cleanses can be a powerful way to detox your body, lose weight, and feel healthier. However, it’s not necessary to do the typical cleanses of liquid-only diets or green shakes to achieve results.
Typical cleanses drastically reduce calories and can leave you hungry. They can also lower your blood sugar and make you feel dizzy, tired, and irritated. An all-liquid diet or green shakes can leave you without enough protein or fat. They may also lack essential vitamins or minerals.
Even if they do detox your body, it’s not easy for you to stick to cleanses while you work or take care of a family.
Detox Without Cleanses
Thankfully, you can detox without consuming liquid diets or green shakes. Instead of a typical cleanse, you can reduce or eliminate certain foods and drinks. You can also add other foods and drinks to strengthen your health.
These tips can help you detox:
- Avoid sugar. Eliminating sugar is a key step in detoxing. Sugar can lurk in many foods and drinks. It can hide in bread, cereal, juice, soda, alcoholic drinks, flavored water, and many other items. Check your labels!
- Add more fruits and vegetables. They can provide you with important vitamins and minerals while helping you feel fuller. Plus:
- Cucumbers have a high level of water and can cleanse your body.
- Citrus fruits may help you cleanse the liver and remove toxins from the body.
- Garlic has natural antimicrobial properties.
- Broccoli sprouts are also a good source of antioxidants and can help your during a detox. You can add them to salads or cook with them.
- Add more herbs and spices. Herbs and spices have vital minerals and vitamins that are essential to health. They can also make your food taste better, so you’re less likely to turn to junk food or other unhealthy cravings.
- Drink more water. Water can remove toxins naturally. You can detox faster by drinking more water and staying hydrated.
- Switch animal proteins with plant proteins. Plant proteins are healthy and have extra benefits such as fiber.
- Drink green tea. Green tea has antioxidant properties and can help you as you detox. You can even find versions without caffeine.
- Make your own shakes or smoothies. You can avoid extra sugar and other unwanted ingredients by making your own drinks. You can add protein and fat to your drinks, too, so your body stays balanced and healthy.
Cleanses aren’t the only option to detox your body.
You have other choices that you can select to detox that are kinder to your lifestyle and health.
To Your Health,